During the pandemic, Google saw an increase in consumers using their platform on a LOCAL level!
Here’s what they noticed:
- Searches for “local” and “business/businesses” were up 80% YoY in the month of February.
- There had been an increase in consumers researching restaurants online before visiting.
- 67% of diners say they searched for food/ beverage information during the pandemic, and 57% said they found food/beverage information through online ads.
- People are using Google Maps more, and it is not just for navigation.
- “curbside pickup” searches saw an uptick of 9,000%.
- “discounts” searches increased globally by over 100%.
- “gift shop “searches rose globally by over 60%.
- The top searches on Google Maps were for nearby establishments:
- Restaurants near me
Are your LOCAL businesses using radio to get closer to their ideal audiences?